Saturday, August 18, 2012

Visit to Grand Junction..and three days left

Last weekend was a lot of fun. We went to Grand Junction for a wedding and got to see some great friends who we haven't seen in a LONG time! We decided to turn Cam around for the trip in his car seat to see how he would do.. he seemed to really like it! And.. wow.. is he loud when he yells! What a difference from backward facing to forward facing. :) We went to a store first before we checked into our hotel. Once we got there, we went down to visit with Rachael, Mark, Matthew, and Jaclyn! I have to say that I have never seen Cam so shy! We get into their hotel room and he just hides behind Chad when people come up to him. It was so cute and I so wish I had my camera to capture that moment. Matthew was so cute! and getting so big too. Finally Cam came out of his shell and started to "play" with Matthew and saying hi to Rachael. :) It was cute. We let them get back to doing stuff before Jacob's wedding by us going to the pool. Chad and Cam swam together while I watched and talked to my mom. It was so hot there about 96 degrees which we are going used to like 80 something. Poor Cam was so cold from the pool that it took him forever to warm up. We got ready and went to the wedding. It was a really nice ceremony which pictures will show. And it was just great to catch up with Jaclyn who I hadn't seen since her wedding and when we found out we were pregnant with Cam. :) My mother-in-law kept saying to me that I better not have baby two there in Grand Junction! We took the hospital bag to make sure. Sadly, we didnt' get to hang out with Rachael, Mark and Matthew on Sunday because poor Matthew was sick. So they decided to head back home to make sure Matthew got sleep and didn't get sick later the next day. Chad, Cam and I enjoyed our last hotel trip with just the three of us. and we got to watch some of the olympics! Which maybe means nothing to others but that was all I have gotten to watch since I never think about getting on the computer much anymore. (yet here I finally am!)
My handsome men! (Cam's pointing at an airplane)

Jacob and his wife!

Rachael with Matthew, me with Cam (and can't see the belly much of little bit)

me, Jaclyn and Rachael

Watching the Olympics with Daddy

On the 14th, we had my doctor's appointment which we found out that I was 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. So baby could come anytime but we are planning on Tuesday for sure! Wow.. I only have two days left until then. Yikes! So the plan is (if this all goes according to plan): to drop off Cam at a friend's house, go to my doctor's appointment at 1:20, have her strip my membranes then go to the hospital. I feel a little bad for Chad because he is coming off of night shifts.. so no sleep for him on Tuesday! Unless he gets a nap in the morning which I might try to make sure that happens.. again.. if it goes according to plan. And we should have baby girl aka little bit later that day! Wow.. life is going to get crazy this week! I can't believe I'm doing this whole birth thing again. Granted, I knew it was coming but it is still crazy that it is just around the corner now. I'm excited to see her since I've dreamed of her the past two nights but here is just praying and hoping that she waits until Tuesday. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ooohhhh...so excited for you! Glad you were able to catch up with the Pingels!

    ReplyDelete